Georgia DUI Attorney William C. Head: DUI Lawyer Atlanta
Main Office Location:
5590 Roswell Road
Building H, Suite 210
Sandy Springs, GA 30342
William C. “Bubba” Head, Attorney and Law Book Author, including “101 Ways to Avoid a Drunk Driving Conviction.”
Atlanta DUI Attorney for 45 years, with University of Georgia undergrad and law degrees in 1973 and 1976, respectively.
Lawyers in Georgia handling DUI Defense and all other Criminal Defense in the Peach State
Although the criminal law practice of the long-time DUI defense lawyer has been built on defending clients accused of alcohol-related and drug-related offenses like DUI and marijuana possession, all criminal cases are within his skill set. The veteran criminal defense attorney and his two partners also handle all types of felonies and misdemeanors.
The cases vary, from first-degree vehicular homicide, second-degree serious injury by vehicle, providing legal services for juvenile court, and even handling routine traffic violations. Mr. Kohn is a sex crimes attorney, and Mr. Yager is highly skilled in defending auto accident cases, due to his prior police training.
About Atlanta, GA DUI Lawyer William C. “Bubba” Head. Mr. Head has been rated by Best Lawyers in America, Super Lawyers, and Martindale-Hubbell. These ratings place him as being one of the best Atlanta DUI lawyers in the surrounding Atlanta area. This includes Cobb County, DeKalb County, Fulton County, Gwinnett County, Forsyth County, Cherokee County, Rockdale County, and Athens-Clarke County.
Added to his 45 years of DUI defense, he is one of fewer than 100 attorneys in all of America to be Board-Certified in DUI-DWI defense. Mr. Head is also the founder of DrunkDrivingDefense.com where you can find reviews of the best Atlanta, GA DUI lawyers.
10 Common DUI Questions that Prospective Clients Ask DUI Attorneys
1. Can a DUI in Georgia be expunged? No. Georgia laws lack any mechanism for DUI lawyers to seek to seal a record or remove a DUI conviction.
2. Should I submit to field sobriety tests, if requested by the police? No, you should not. Any DUI defense attorney who tells you to TRY to pass these is a rooking or lacks full knowledge of the unreliability of this police evidence.
3. Am I allowed to call a criminal attorney near me, if pulled over by the police? No, you will not be permitted to stop the police investigation and call a DWI attorney.
4. What happens if I refused to submit to the post-arrect implied consent test, after my Georgia DUI arrest? In all states, a refusal to be tested triggers potentially harsh, total suspension of your right to drive. This legal issue alone justifies calling top driving under the influence (DUI) attorney.
5. Will my DUI arrest mugshot be published and posted on the Internet, along with my personal information? Possibly, but usually not by the jail. Private companies gather such information and may try to hold you hostage (if you try to have them remove it). Ask your criminal lawyer near me how to approach this problem.
6. Can I join military service with a pending DUI accusation? No branch of the military, Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard wants you if you are waiting for court or will be on probation. After that is all closed out, you may possibly qualify to join the armed services.
7. Will I be able to drive after my DUI arrest, while the case is pending? This answer is “it depends.”
If you are from out of state and are licensed by another DMV, DPS, BMV, SOS or other drivers’ licensing agency, your attorneys for DUI defense will need to “clear” the administrative suspension first. The best DUI legal service providers will know about a dozen different options to try to negotiate or litigate these legal matters. The last (and most important) advice is ACT QUICKLY to retain legal counsel.
8. Can my DUI be reduced to reckless driving GA? Once again, multiple factors affect this “likelihood.” Among the issues skilled DUI litigators review include:
(a) The skill and experience of your law enforcement officer;
(b) Your court jurisdiction, of the 1000+ Georgia courts;
(c) Whether you remained silent, except for giving your name and address (which is ALL the law requires);
(d) Whether you declined to take any roadside field sobriety tests, which is your absolute right to do;
(e) Whether your officer had any legal basis to pull you over, or come into contact with you;
(f) Regardless of your officer’s experience level, did he or she “follow the book” in all aspects of the arrest. This includes reading the implied consent notice in a timely and complete manner, and complying with all guidelines for obtaining admissible forensic tests;
(g) If a warrant was obtained for blood, were all those warrant affidavit procedures and constitutional protections (that are available to the accused) followed;
(h) if the accused ever requested an independent test of blood, breath or urine, and was not accommodate, then the State’s tests can be thrown out; and
(i) Last but not least, hire ONLY a top-rated legal advocate to handle your defense.
9. My license was taken, and a form was given to me that discusses an ignition interlock device (IID) option. Should I install the IID? This question is unique to ALL arrestees. Immediately find and retain legal counsel to decide your path forward.
10. Can you get into law school with a DUI GA on your record? Possibly, but each state has its own rules. In Georgia, until the case is closed, and the person is OFF probation, he or she cannot sit for the Georgia Bar exam.
Should I Hire a Cheap DUI Lawyer Near Me?
If facing DUI charges, what would be your objective in shooting for a cheap DUI lawyer? You really do not need legal counsel to plead guilty in most Georgia courts. The Prosecutor will happily give you DUI information for a plea to the charges against you.
Among all Georgia attorneys, the top-rated Atlanta DUI lawyer is William C. “Bubba” Head. The DUI attorney Atlanta is part of Georgia’s most experienced DUI and criminal defense law firm near me in metro Atlanta. His law partners are Larry Kohn, Attorney Atlanta since 1998, and DUI lawyer Marietta GA, Cory Yager, and ex-Cobb County police officer and GA lawyer since 2007.
The attorneys in Georgia that compete for the accolade of being the best DUI lawyer in Georgia is who you want to contact. This is just as true in Athens Municipal Court as it is in the Municipal Court of Atlanta Georgia.
Both Kohn and Yager are instructors in the standardized field sobriety tests. Both are knowledgeable about State forensic breathalyzer devices and portable tests. Each Georgia lawyer can explain the DUI court alternative, for repeat offenders. Plus, both litigators know when and how (on a reduction of charges) a first offender plea, diversion, or conditional discharge might be available to a client.
By offering a FREE lawyer consultation, our legal team offers free DUI info and guidance on how to protect your right to drive. When citizens with pending DUI cases can ask a lawyer Georgia DUI questions for free, how much fairer can that be?
By the way, even those with a traffic ticket can get a free consultation via phone call, virtual call, or coming to our law office. Call today at 404-567-5515 to obtain your no-cost DUI case evaluation.